Q&AQUESTION & ANSWER
Frequently asked questions are listed here. Please check these answers before contacting us.
Q & A on simple tablet forming machine HANDTAB · AUTOTAB
- Where can I buy HANDTAB · AUTOTAB? Can I buy them individually?
- We sell directly at our company. Please contact us if you considering using a trading company or a distributor. We are sorry, but we do not sell to individual customers.
- What is the IPT standard punch for HANDTAB-200?
- The IPT standard is an industry standard for punches and dies for rotary tableting machine (tableting machines for mass production). The advantage of having these tools available for HANDTAB-200 is that it also can be used with rotary tableting machines already in your factory or laboratory. For customers who do not have a rotary tableting machine, we recommend the HANDTAB-100.
- What is the production capacity of HANDTAB?
- Since this is a manual system, it depends on the operator’s working speed. Except for the initial setting, it takes about 30 to 40 seconds to create 1 tablet.
- Can HANDTAB-100R be used for tableting ordinary tablets that are not ring tablets?
- Of course you can. Just replace the punch and die with one for ordinary locks.
- What is the minimum millimeters of tablets that can be made?
- For both HANDTAB and AUTOTAB, a small diameter of about 5 mm is recommended. If you need smaller one than that, it is recommended that the main body of the machine be designed exclusively for small-diameter locks in advance. By doing so, a lock with a diameter of up to 1 mm will be available.
- Can any powders be made into tablets?
- No, it cannot. Depending on their properties, some powders cannot be molded no matter how much pressure is applied. Especially those powders containing a large amount of water or oil cannot be molded. In case of AUTOTAB-500, the powder must also have a certain degree of fluidity to be tableted.
- Are there any other equipments / machines required for tableting?
- Once the powder suitable for tableting is prepared, it can be done with a tableting machine alone. However, there are many cases in which mixing and granulation is required depending on the powder, and such equipment may be necessary depending on the situation.
- Is it possible to see the actual HANDTAB / AUTOTAB and its demonstration?
- We have a demonstration unit available. Please visit us to see demonstration. We also exhibit at exhibition shows, so please contact us for details.
- Is it possible for you to do a test tableting with the actual powder?
- If you send us your powder, we will test it for free. However, we may not accept hazardous materials or powders that require granulation. The free test is limited to 2 samples.